CLICK HERE FOR AN INFORMATIONAL BROCHURE ON ORDERING UNIFORMS FROM LAND'S END.
1. Girls and boys are required to wear either a navy blue or white, long or short sleeved uniform shirt with the Newman emblem purchased from Land's End. Newman's school code is 900168733. You may click here to enter the site directly. A limited supply of dress code approved polo shirts are available from the Spirit Shop. Please contact the Front Office at 815/625-0500 ext. 100 for size availability.
2. If a t-shirt is worn under the uniform shirt, no image or wording may show through the uniform shirt. The t-shirt must be white, gray or blue.
3. No undergarments should be visible.
4. All shirts must be tucked in, and remain tucked in, to the pants, shorts, capris or skirts.
1. Only navy blue or khaki pants may be worn. Corduroy pants are permitted.
2. If pants are designed for a belt, a belt must be worn.
3. Pants must come to the top of the shoes and may not drag on the ground.
4. Pants may not be worn below the hips.
5. Sweats, jeggings, leggings, and yoga pants are not permitted.
1. Shorts or capris must be navy blue or khaki.
2. Shorts must be long enough to accommodate modesty. The hem shall be no more than 3 inches above the top of the kneecap.
3. If shorts or capris are designed for a belt, a belt must be worn.
4. Shorts or capris may not be worn below the hips.
1. Newman plaid uniform skirts may be purchased from Land's End. Newman's school code is 900168733. You may click here to enter the site directly.
2. Skirts are to be worn at the waist to accommodate modesty. The hem shall be no more than 3 inches above the top of the kneecap.
1. Gray uniform sweatshirts or fleeces with a small Newman emblem on the upper left chest are available for purchase from the Spirit Shop. Gray sweaters are now available for purchase from Land's End. You may click here to enter the site directly.
2. The uniform sweatshirt with the large Newman emblem are no longer available for purchase. This uniform option is being phased out.
3. No hoodies or Newman athletic sweatshirts may be worn during the school day.
4. A uniform shirt must be worn under sweatshirts with collar showing.
1. Shoes must be cleanly maintained.
2. Students may not wear boots of any type, flip flops, sandals or slippers.
3. Toes and heels must be covered.
4. Shoes with eyelets must be laced to the top and tied.
1. Socks should be worn at all times to ensure good hygiene.
1. Hair must be neat and properly groomed at all times.
2. Hair for boys may be no longer than the eyebrows in the front and top of the collar in the back.
3. Hair for boys must be cut above the ears.
4. Boys may not have ponytails.
5. Both boys and girls hair must be a natural color and appropriate to the nature of education at Newman.
6. Hair styles unduly drawing attention are not allowed.
1. Boys must be clean-shaven.
2. Beards and mustaches are not allowed.
3. Sideburns may not be flared or longer than the bottom of the ear.
1. If jewelry is worn, it must be tasteful and not excessive. Jewelry should not be noisy or distracting in the classroom.
2. Boys with pierced ears are not to wear earrings while on school grounds during the school day, at any school-sponsored event or when representing the school for any occasion. No other visible body piercings will be allowed.
3. Girls may wear pierced earrings. No more than three pairs of earrings are allowed for each ear. No other visible body piercings will be allowed.
4. Students are not allowed to wear hemp or hemp-like necklaces, chokers, choke chains, spiked collars or wallet chains.
HATS, CAPS, SUNGLASSES AND BANDANAS
No headgear of any type is to be worn in the building at any time.
Tattoos must be covered at all times so that they are not visible.
SPIRIT DRESS DAYS
Students may wear Newman spirit attire. Jeans may not have holes in them, shorts must be school uniform length to be appropriate. No flip flops or sandals. No athletic shorts, yoga pants or sweats. Any student not wishing to participate must be in school uniform.
DRESS CODE INFRACTIONS
1. First line of responsibility for checking for dress code violations is each faculty/staff member. Faculty/staff members are responsible for issuing detentions for dress code infractions.
2. Students will be referred to the Dean of Students only when the dress code is questionable, confusing or the student is being insubordinate when complying with the dress code.
3. If the student is referred to the Dean of Students, the student must conform to the dress code before being allowed to return to class.
4. Repeat offenders for dress code violations will be referrd to the Dean of Students.